Our Actuarial Internship Program allows students to gain valuable experience in the actuarial field, as well as in a dynamic health care environment. Through actuarial careers with Anthem, Inc., you will have the opportunity to help drive the future of health care, by finding ways to make health care more affordable and more valuable to the public.
- Interns are assigned a mentor who will serve as an informal guide
- Students present their projects to senior leadership in person and through live video conferencing
- Students will gain experience working on a variety of real actuarial projects alongside actuaries of varying experience
- Daily interaction with mentors and final evaluations provide two-way feedback and opportunities to discuss future employment interests
Successful candidates typically possess:
- Current enrollment in an accredited college or university and planned continued enrollment after internship period
- High GPA (or a combination of experience and GPA)
- Participation in an actuarial science, math, or statistics program
- Commitment to an actuarial career (participation in an actuarial club, math associations, attendance at actuarial conferences, etc.)
- Rapid learning ability
- Effective teamwork and written/verbal communication skills
It is not required that you have passed an exam to participate as an actuarial intern; however, we like to know that you plan on taking one during the current/upcoming school year.
Timeline and On-campus Events
- Fall (Sept/Oct) – look for information sessions and on-campus interviews through your career center. If you do not see your campus listed, please apply to the job through our careers site by typing “Actuarial Intern” in the keyword search field
- Become a Facebook fan of Anthem, Inc. at: www.facebook.com/careersatantheminc
- Follow us on Twitter @anthemcareers
- Follow us on LinkedIn: Anthem, Inc.
Learn More About:
Early Career Actuarial Opportunities
Undergraduate Programs – Intern FAQs
IT Internship Program FAQs