Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Works independently to manage the implementation and ongoing development of brand, community, and marketing strategies to help drive appointment and sales opportunities. Responsible for professionally representing the company to advocacy groups, organizations, providers and other diverse audiences and populations in a variety of settings, events, and venues. Must be knowledgeable and conduct themselves in full compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements. Additionally, this position has the responsibility to forge relationships with providers and create opportunities for expansion.
- Implements programs to develop relationships with community-based organizations to build community coalitions and promotes awareness of Medicare Advantage products.
- Builds and manages relationships with local and regional community/charitable organizations that support seniors and people with disabilities; Develops and implements approved community marketing strategies that may include events, community partnerships, and sponsorships.
- Networks with local associations, organizations and clubs that will provide additional marketing exposure.
- Oversees execution of strategically integrated community relations plan (Headquarters / Health Plans) that support local sales representatives.
- Manages involvement in high visibility local and regional charitable events.
- Supports local Sales Directors in the ROI evaluation of various event sponsorships and community events.
- Builds internal partnerships with SOO and field sales and marketing resources to create new business opportunities.
- Identify various local media channels that could be used to optimize the effectiveness of Medicare marketing campaigns.
- Works to raise the community profile of our Medicare Advantage products through regular social and professional contact with grass-roots community leaders and organizers.
- Responsible for monitoring marketing materials used for mail outs, flyers, ads and all other materials used to ensure all materials are current to ensure CMS compliance.
- Create a calendar of events on a monthly basis and provide market reports to compliance officer and Sales Director.
- Tracks activities of health industry competitors, makes recommendations in accordance with sales strategy, and reports activity to management.
- Conducts research to identify appropriate venues for distribution of materials in conjunction with goals of driving appointment and sales activities.
- Identifies and collects educational material on community networks and advocacy groups to develop resources so that our company is the subject matter expert for the communities we serve.
- Represents the company by participating on Boards and/or committees of significant community organizations to increase awareness of health plan benefits.
- Other duties as assigned.
* Medicare, Medicaid and CHIP program knowledge highly preferred.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
* Strong time management, organizational and follow up skills required.
* Health insurance network relationships highly preferred.
* Must have knowledge of the territory area; 100% travel within this area is required in addition to limited travel to the office.
* Must have flexibility to organize/attend events on nights/weekends as needed.
* Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
* Experience working with Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required.
* Self-starter with the ability to work with limited supervision required.
* Direct experience working with Medicare products and seniors highly preferred.
* Health Producers license issued by the State of residence preferred.
* Must exhibit sensitivity towards the target population including experiences selling or caring for.
* Requires a valid driver’s license, motor vehicle insurance, and have access to a motor vehicle. (An MVR will be part of our background screening process for the selected candidate.)
* Minimum of 3 years direct consumer services sales experience required.
* BS/BA degree preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent required
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran.
*WARNING : Please beware of phishing scams that promote work-at-home opportunities and which may also pose as legitimate companies. Please be advised that an Anthem recruiter will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for a role with our company. All of our careers require that you first complete an online application.