Internal Auditor Senior
*this position will be filled in Mason, OH, Pewaukee, WI, Virginia Beach, VA, New Haven CT, Thousand Oaks, CA, or Indianapolis, IN
The Internal Auditor Senior performs more complex financial/operational/compliance audits to ensure that activities performed by organizational units are planned and executed with management instructions, applicable statements of policy and procedures, sound principles of internal control, and in a manner consistent with both company and high standards of administrative practice.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Audits the accounting, operational and statistical data of various departments, divisions, and locations in order to verify accuracy.
- Audits the activities of various departments for compliance with plans, policies and procedures prescribed by management.
- Assesses the adequacy of the design and operating effectiveness of controls implemented to achieve departmental objectives.
- Audits vendors or vendor oversight where the Company is a party of interest.
- Prepares and submits reports on the results of audits, recommending improvements in internal control design and operating effectiveness.
- Performs follow-up with management to assess adequacy of finding remediation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Requires a BS/BA in accounting or finance; 4 + years related experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Travel of up to 20% possible.
- Project management, process improvement, or quality oversight backgrounds and health insurance experience are highly desired.
*WARNING : Please beware of phishing scams that promote work-at-home opportunities and which may also pose as legitimate companies. Please be advised that an Anthem recruiter will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for a role with our company. All of our careers require that you first complete an online application.