Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Customer Care Representative I – Multi
Responsible for functioning on a learning curve to become fully proficient in all aspects of customer service, claims and/or membership issue resolution. Performs research and analysis, advocating on behalf of customers through whole case methods. Learns to provide full service to members, providers, group administrators, and brokers by processing health care claims, handling inquiries, and/or performing membership functions. Performs at least two of the three functions routinely.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Receives inbound telephone calls or paper and electronic claims from members and providers.
- Resolves issues for members, providers, group administrators and brokers.
- Analyzes the situation and completes research to ensure no rework or follow-up issues.
- Applies knowledge of policies and procedures, products, legislation and claims workflow.
- Interacts with systems to ensure claims are paid or denied based on terms of contract.
- Functions in a multi-functional capacity and is proficient in the use of all applicable claims systems, demonstrating the ability to adjudicate a variety of claims.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-6 months experience in an automated customer service environment
- Demonstrated ability to listen effectively, use probing skills to obtain relevant information and establish rapport quickly with customers and co-workers
- Or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel programs.
*WARNING : Please beware of phishing scams that promote work-at-home opportunities and which may also pose as legitimate companies. Please be advised that an Anthem recruiter will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for a role with our company. All of our careers require that you first complete an online application.