Anthem, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 company. At Anthem, Inc., we are working together to transform health care with trusted and caring solutions.
Bring your expertise to our innovative culture where you will have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives, and to take your career further than you can imagine.
Responsible for participating in all phases of the design and development life cycle of analytic applications and reporting tools, utilizing various BI technology platforms. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements, present technical solutions and lead technical review meetings.
- Design/develop technical solutions and lead technical team of engineers to deliver BI/Data Warehouse/Analytics solutions on-time and with high quality.
- Lead traditional Data warehouse and Big Data development efforts.
- Oversees issue resolution and implementation of alternatives across enterprise initiatives.
- Addresses risks and implements contingency plans.
- Designs and evaluates detailed design components with high-level architecture blue prints.
- Provides guidance on vendor evaluations and provides strategic direction based on evaluations.
- Partners with business, architecture and infrastructure to develop service level agreements to ensure consistency and customer satisfaction.
- Supervises the preparation of designs and technical and/or functional specifications.
- Mentors others on coding standards and performs code reviews.
- Supervises others on developing application for usability, reliability and scalability requirements.
- Ensures system testing is complete, meets the test plan requirements and implemented according to plan.
Requires an BA/BS degree in related field or technical institute training and 10 or more years related experience; experience on one or more platforms, and expert level experience three or more BI applications; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Experience with multiple Business Intelligence tools required. Ability to mentor others, lead medium or large projects and provide troubleshooting support. Multi database or multi language preferred.
Proven experience in Enterprise Data Warehouse / Data Mart solutions – Informatica or equivalent ETL tool , Teradata, Scripting, and Dimensional Modeling.
Proven experience in Big Data Technologies.
*WARNING : Please beware of phishing scams that promote work-at-home opportunities and which may also pose as legitimate companies. Please be advised that an Anthem recruiter will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for a role with our company. All of our careers require that you first complete an online application.