Responsible for providing initial contact between Disease Management programs and specific identified members. Under direct supervision handles inbound/outbound enrollment and engagement calls with eligible members to provide information regarding program features.
- Gathers and records appropriate member information in accordance with policies and procedures via telephone.
- Encourages members to participate in the Disease Management programs by providing information about the program, outlining program features/value and explaining available services.
- Records call details and utilize call scripts as needed based on client requirements.
- Directs member inquiries to appropriate clinical staff.
- Initiates referrals and manages consults from clinicians for participants registered in Disease Management.
This position is location at 5800 Northhampton Blvd, Norfolk VA 23502. The position is not a work at home position.
The department is open Monday – Friday 9 AM to 8:30 PM EST, you must be able to work any eight hour shift within operations hours. (Must be flexible)
High school diploma or the equivalent;
Minimum of 1 year of customer service experience. This can be either in person or on the phone.
Or any combination of education/experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Minimum of Intermediate Computer proficiency and the ability to follow defined policies and protocols required.
Knowledge of company products, services and benefits previous manager care experience
Experience working in an inbound and/or outbound call center
Prior experience with an automated dialer system
*WARNING : Please beware of phishing scams that promote work-at-home opportunities and which may also pose as legitimate companies. Please be advised that an Anthem recruiter will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for a role with our company. All of our careers require that you first complete an online application.