The Implementation & Clinical Coding Consultant is responsible for the analysis of existing coding nomenclatures and the development, implementation, and evaluation of medical and pharmacy coding nomenclature updates, clinical code sets and algorithms, and coding nomenclature strategies for HealthCore.
* Conceptualizing approaches to utilization of integrated coding nomenclatures and data sources into deliverables that consider both the varied business issues and objectives across HealthCore. Standarized and detailed project specific applications of the coding strategies will be integrated as considerations for research, analytic and reporting systems.[HD1]
* Collaborating in the development of solutions that include integration of clinical data elements obtained from medical record abstraction processes, data warehouse data, care management systems, and other data sources, including registries and clinical trial data elements.
* Communicating and monitoring the execution of standardized coding practices in collaboration with clinical and operations stakeholders throughout HealthCore.
* Maintaining the standardized coding library for use by HealthCore analysts and researchers.
*Collaborating in the development of a Wiki information sharing structure as a subject matter expert.
* Collaborating with project teams in developing and implementing customized coding algorithms for specified projects.
* Developing and managing the quality assurance process to ensure accurate code assignment on policies and within translation of research and analytic systems/tools.
* Collaborating to improve coding systems embedded within all processes, tools, and measures that standardize and improve performance related to implementation and demonstrates quantifiable value to business units. Facilitates identification and resolution of local coding implementation issues
*WARNING : Please beware of phishing scams that promote work-at-home opportunities and which may also pose as legitimate companies. Please be advised that an Anthem recruiter will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for a role with our company. All of our careers require that you first complete an online application.