Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Coding Auditor Sr (Inpatient Medical Records)
Location: May be located in OH – Cleveland or Mason (preferred), GA – Atlanta (preferred), Virginia – Virginia Beach, Norfolk, or Richmond.
As a Coding Auditor Sr, you will be responsible for auditing diagnosis data collected from physician and inpatient hospital medical records to ensure proper ICD-9/ICD-10 coding and compliance with risk adjustment requirements. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
Audits diagnosis data retrieved from physician and hospital medical records and/or data extract files for both revenue project and RADV.
Assists with National and Targeted Risk Adjustment Data Validation audits.
Participates and represents the department in business leadership groups.
Serves as a subject matter exert.
Assesses and identifies training opportunities.
Maintains current knowledge of requirements and guidance required in the performance
- Requires a high school diploma; 3 years of experience as coder of medical records in physician office, hospital, or insurance/coding office setting; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- BS in health sciences, health management or related field preferred.
- Medical Coder certification from accredited source (e.g. American Health Information Management Association, American Academy of Professional Coders or Practice Management Institute) required.
- Experience working with Medicare Advantage preferred.
- Experience with ICD-9/ICD-10 coding a plus.
- HCC coding preferred.
- Previous experience as a clinician a plus, but not required.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran.
*WARNING : Please beware of phishing scams that promote work-at-home opportunities and which may also pose as legitimate companies. Please be advised that an Anthem recruiter will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for a role with our company. All of our careers require that you first complete an online application.