Responsible for successfully completing the required basic training. Able to perform basic job functions with help from co-workers, specialists and managers on non-basic issues. Must pass the appropriate pre-employment test battery.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Responds to customer questions via telephone and written correspondence regarding insurance benefits, provider contracts, eligibility and claims.
* Analyzes problems and provides information/solutions.
* Operates a PC/image station to obtain and extract information; documents information, activities and changes in the database.
* Thoroughly documents inquiry outcomes for accurate tracking and analysis.
* Develops and maintains positive customer relations and coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure customer requests and questions are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
* Researches and analyzes data to address operational challenges and customer service issues.
* Provides external and internal customers with requested information.
* Under immediate supervision, receives and places follow-up telephone calls / e-mails to answer customer questions that are routine in nature.
* Uses computerized systems for tracking, information gathering and troubleshooting.
* Requires limited knowledge of company services, products, insurance benefits, provider contracts and claims.
* Seeks, understands and responds to the needs and expectations of internal and external customers.
* Required to meet department goals.
* Requires a HS diploma or equivalent;
* Up to 1 year of previous experience in an automated customer service environment; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
* Required hours of operation for this position will be from 8 am to 7 pm, you will need to be available to work any 8 hour shift within this time frame.
* Required to sit for approximately 7 hours per day with a headset on answering phones (1 break and a lunch break).
* This position has required 6 week paid training with no absences or lateness accepted.